A May’s reflection on Feburary’s Work
Musical Entry: Doll of Misery tracks and two gifts I made for a friend.
For the first attempt I guessed the tempo of the original and tried to mix things up with the drums throughout.
Took about 2 & 1/2 hours
I was pretty content with it…..until I heard the original’s actual speed again (which I think is slower) and mulled over how to do it.
Around a week or two later I had acquired a new VST to my arsenal:
The EM-U Proteus VX
(This is what I meant Ramon, when I said I found a good VST a while ago. Not the Mikro Prism, I messed up memory-wise)
And so I made this: Doll of Misery ~ Criss-Crossing Swords amidst a Curtain
It took roughly 2 hours as I redid all of the tracks within the first arrangement aside from the drums.
I really like the 2nd one more than the first but really, both are good. They just fit different moods I think.
Now, the requests. I had been requested to do Epona’s Song from The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time for a friend’s birthday and they had also requested a rendition of a song from Ouran High School Host Club, an anime.
I couldn’t find a decent long midi base for Epona’s Song aside from a melodious version found at VGMusic. So I used it. Much thanks to VGMusic and the creator of that Midi.
I changed up the ending and I think it went well.
Hours of Work: 2
I found the midi base for Nocturne Pour Tamaki at Josh’s anime sheet music collection.
Found here: http://josh.agarrado.net/music/anime/index.php
This one took far more work to sound…..as a whole piece.
This is because the song was made with just a piano in mind. So the Midi only had had a piano. I used my “powers of extrapolation” to figure out other instruments that could work.
Hours spent: 3 & 3/4
And that’s all for today! I’ll update again soon! Really! ^__^;